[Oeva-list] Think EV's in the news.

garry painter garry at europa.com
Tue Aug 21 07:21:18 PDT 2012

On Aug 20, 2012, at 8:07 AM, CraigSchaefer wrote:

> Put me down under 'Totally Stupid'.   I don't even know what this
> means--
>
> "Given partisan politics, the DOE doesn't often have an opportunity
> to provide those companies with enough slack to keep going during
> an inevitable period of growing pains," he said.
>
> Are we saying the DOE killed the battery makers causing them to be
> sold off to other countries?

No, the DOE did not kill these battery makers.

>   How?

I believe the above statement, which you do not understand, implies
that politicians are blocking the DOE from allowing further funding.

>    What about companies that succeed in spite of our government?

Do you mean like Lockheed Martin?
Revenue because of the US government: $39,980,000,000
non-US government revenue:             $6,320,000,000
Revenue provided to A123 by the govt:    $129,000,000

IMHO, our financial priorities are not where they should be.

People whining about the relatively trivial revenue lost by these
failing battery companies is like whining about someone cutting a
tree down while standing in the middle of a 10,000 acre wildfire.

$39.98 billion / $129 million = 310

So we spend $310 every year on Lockheed Martin for every dollar we
invested in A123.
How come I don't hear people whining about that?
I guess I won't, because Eisenhower is dead.

ps. I forgot to list
  [ ] beyond
in my choose your level of stupid