[Oeva-list] recasting a battery terminal?

J Bills jbillsnews at flickfx.com
Fri Aug 24 13:01:36 PDT 2012

Hello - anyone had a battery terminal recast locally?

I have a trojan t-105 that has a cracked terminal base near the post
(probably was overtorqued at one point before I bought the EV) and during
one of my checks, the post moved enough that I want to get it fixed and
"recast."  it was fine previously, but this time it moved a little and
that's all the excuse I need.

I've heard the more industrial battery shops offer this service (not
battery retailers)

anyone ever had this done?  it's a good battery, would hate to swap it out
just because of this terminal since I'm trying to milk this pack for a few
more months.

thanks!
-j