[Oeva-list] Think City EV

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 09:29:02 PDT 2012

Or simply, for a LEAF, with a nom. 400v with current limited by AAA at
25amp, the car will only get 10kw of power, or about 3x your Level 2 charge
rate.  And so, in 1/6th of an hour you'd expect at most 1.6kwh of juice.
That "might" get you to the nearest Level 2 charger...but again, what if you
tell the AAA driver that you only have a Coulomb card, you run out of juice
in Troutdale, have no Level 1 EVSE with you and live on the West Side?
I wonder if they've thought this thru or realize that there are more than a
half dozen different companies' EVSE's in Portland and separate cards for
each?

It's moot for me I suppose unless I get AAA...

-Myles