[Oeva-list] Throttle and brake interaction question for Leaf and Think

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Sat Aug 25 09:51:13 PDT 2012

Paul asked:

Do the Leaf and Think allow both brake and throttle input with the one
giving the larger command winning out, like a summation of the two?  Do they
have 'creep' mode, like a Prius, where the car will move in the commanded
direction when the brake is released without any throttle input?  I can't
get torque command summation, the state machine won't allow it.

While other THINKs evidently can differ, my THINK definitely features a
creep mode.  On an incline, release the brake slowly and the motor will hold
the hill and may even move forward.  Release it more quickly and the car may
drift backwards.  In my driveway at home, after putting in Reverse, I
release the brake slowly to ensure the throttle creeps the car backwards.
You can definitely ride the brake some while this happens.

In case this helps-

-Myles