[Oeva-list] Throttle and brake interaction question for Leaf and Think

Paul Wallace ianaudio at aracnet.com
Sun Aug 26 08:01:11 PDT 2012

Does the throttle command speed or torque?  Do you have pedal up regen?  It sounds to me as if you have speed command and the brake is part of the equation.  When you take your foot off the brake slowly, you are commanding a 0 speed and the inverter attempts to hold that command by adding torque such that the motor shaft either doesn't turn, or turns at some minimum speed which is the creep.

Paul