[Oeva-list] DC Fast Chargers in Oregon

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Wed Aug 29 12:07:41 PDT 2012

I've called Blink about the one at Burgerville.  After much searching
they found that it is theirs.  They didn't think it was working yet and
of course had no estimate of when it would be.  The folks at Burgerville
were very excited and pleased to have it but they think it's working now
because there it a big pretty display out there.  Blink seems really
good at getting that huge TV running but not so good at getting the
charger to actually work.

The one in Banks seems even further off.  From what I could find there
isn't even a hole in the ground yet.

I wish people wouldn't put things on PlugShare that aren't working
yet.

And speaking of not working: the Blinks at the Hollywood Freds are in
their usually broken state again.  Even the level 2 has a "busted" sign
on it.  If you give the DCQC a try stand by it and watch.  My experience
is that it doesn't run very long before it throws an error and stops.
When I was there we had 4 EVs there trying to use the Blink.  I was able
to get 7% added with about a dozen starts.  Somebody there with a week
old Leaf was desperate and didn't have his Blink card yet.  He was able
to get 20% added.