[Oeva-list] Lithium Ion Batteries

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Wed Dec 5 11:05:29 PST 2012

Hello Sham

I can supply you the new CALB CA series also called the gray cells at
advocate pricing. If you can find anyone selling for less I would gladly stop
and refer buyers to them.

A few things to keep in mind when considering cells for an EV pack.

There has been many LifePo4 manufacturers that EV drivers have tried  that
have failed. The problem is the cells last long enough to start making
sales and other buyers buy in as the initial results looks good. Up to  this
point the CALB have been the superior product.

CALB cells have about 10% more capacity then the manufacturers claimed Ah
rating.

Many manufacturers actual capacity is less then the claimed Ah rating.

When you factor in the above the price difference between CALB and other
brands is not that great. I am not able to post cells costs publicly so you
will need to contact me off list if your interested.

I am not making a living off from selling cells my motivation is to provide
 cells that will be the best value for your EV dollar. If I felt there was
a  better value that would last I would be all for it.

LifePo4 cells can last a very long time or not so long depending on
quality. If you save 20% up front in a lower price but then find  out you only
have 50% in cycle life your actually paying a much higher  price.

Also I would forget about warranties on batteries. Most manufacturers
requirements for meeting them are just a way to not apply. Some  manufacturers
have gone away and left many sitting on not only bad packs  but no
replacements cells such as HiPower. You really cannot count on them  to be there or
that you will be able to meet their warranty guidelines.

Don Blazer

_http://www.westhillscollision.com/upperv.php?article=green#e-vehicles_
(http://www.westhillscollision.com/upperv.php?article=green#e-vehicles)

West Hills Collision Center & Hilltop Collision Center

In a message dated 12/4/2012 11:28:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,