[Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service (Eric Geisler)

Chris Arnesen chris at darkstarpro.com
Tue Dec 18 18:49:25 PST 2012


I'm curious why they were charging a fee even though it is covered under warranty?

-------- Original message --------
From: Eric Geisler <eageisler at yahoo.com> 
Date:  
To: oeva-list at oeva.org 
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service (Eric Geisler) 
 
Pat,

I paid $21.95 at Royal Moore for my 1-year inspection.  They inspected the car and batteries and rotated the tires.  I got 4 stars on the battery, and I try to avoid 100% charging.

Cheers,
Eric

From: "oeva-list-request at oeva.org" <oeva-list-request at oeva.org>
To: oeva-list at oeva.org 
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 4:58 PM
Subject: Oeva-list Digest, Vol 110, Issue 6

Send Oeva-list mailing list submissions to
    oeva-list at oeva.org

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
    http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
    oeva-list-request at oeva.org

You can reach the person managing the list at
    oeva-list-owner at oeva.org

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Oeva-list digest..."


Today's Topics:

  1. Fwd:  The First Lady owned an electric car. (Philip N Barnhart)
  2. Leaf 1 year service (patrick0101 at gmail.com)
  3. Re: Leaf 1 year service (Cory Bertsch)
  4. Re: Leaf 1 year service (Paul Wallace)
  5. Re: Leaf 1 year service (Dima Kukushkin)
  6. Re: Leaf 1 year service (Peter Hoeckel)


----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 09:46:33 -0800
From: Philip N Barnhart <phil at barnhart.us>
Subject: [Oeva-list] Fwd:  The First Lady owned an electric car.
To: oeva-list <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Message-ID:
    <CAKMeaCmYN82pOS5d3Xy3-HPDqPZ=Bf4iL4eGEAPukLbKXECPwA at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Myles is too modest to tell you he maintains the Milburn Light Electric
Automobile site, www.milburn.us. Check it out.

Phil Barnhart

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: matwete at comcast.net <matwete at comcast.net>
Date: Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 7:24 AM
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] The First Lady owned an electric car.
To: Greg Long <greglongoregon at gmail.com>, Oeva-list at oeva.org


My understanding is that it was a Milburn...their Secret Service also drove
a Milburn because Wilson didn't want to hear the loud sons of a gas car
near him.

----- Reply message -----
From: "Greg Long" <greglongoregon at gmail.com>
To: <Oeva-list at oeva.org>
Subject: [Oeva-list] The First Lady owned an electric car.
Date: Tue, Dec 18, 2012 12:54 am


Turns out the First Lady drove an electric car. No, not Michelle,
Laura, Hillary or Barbara. Or Nancy... or Rosalyn.. or Lady Bird... or
Jacqueline...

http://www.britannica.com/EBchecked/topic/644666/Edith-Wilson

_______________________________________________
Oeva-list mailing list
Oeva-list at oeva.org
http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list

_______________________________________________
Oeva-list mailing list
Oeva-list at oeva.org
http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/e1672603/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:48:47 -0800
From: patrick0101 at gmail.com
Subject: [Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service
To: OEVA <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Message-ID:
    <CAJTfAAVPwDMn8fh=VMCqbCdsO-vWUyAkGmcKEncEbMD96_5pOw at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

I am at Beaverton Nissan for my car's 1 year / 15000 mile service. They had
not heard about the low speed brake update, but he looked it up and found
it. It has been out since October but I seem to be the first person to have
it done here. Did any of you get this done here?

Also, they said the 15000 mile service is $200. How much did you pay to
have this done?

-Pat
Sunlight will never cost $4 per gallon
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/69b41fe6/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 15:53:59 -0800
From: Cory Bertsch <pi at hiddenspiral.net>
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service
To: patrick0101 at gmail.com
Cc: OEVA <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Message-ID:
    <CAGGxvoxncerz0QMPW0qaonr1+RnMusrhK_QQpAh=YjsW1LE0Yw at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Pat,

Did they break down what the $200 covers? The battery inspection should be
free. The only things they should need to do is rotate the tires, maybe
change the cabin air filter and possibly flush the brake fluid (they talk
about this on the mynissanleaf.com forum a fair bit).

I'm a fair bit away from my 1 year checkup, but I'm curious to see what
other people paid as well.

-Cory

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM, <patrick0101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am at Beaverton Nissan for my car's 1 year / 15000 mile service. They
> had not heard about the low speed brake update, but he looked it up and
> found it. It has been out since October but I seem to be the first person
> to have it done here. Did any of you get this done here?
>
> Also, they said the 15000 mile service is $200. How much did you pay to
> have this done?
>
> -Pat
> Sunlight will never cost $4 per gallon
>
> _______________________________________________
> Oeva-list mailing list
> Oeva-list at oeva.org
> http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/4c2cb553/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:20:06 -0800
From: Paul Wallace <ianaudio at aracnet.com>
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service
To: OEVA <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Message-ID: <D4A66D4F-31BA-422A-B566-6DFAD57E18F2 at aracnet.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

Sounds to me as if you are paying for what it cost the shop to send the one mechanic back to Nissan central for training to do the service. Nice work if you can get it.  Places like Midas and Mr. Muffler will do a brake flush for much less than $200.  I think you get pads and and a flush for that much, not rotors.

Paul

On Dec 18, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Cory Bertsch wrote:

> Pat,
> 
> Did they break down what the $200 covers? The battery inspection should be free. The only things they should need to do is rotate the tires, maybe change the cabin air filter and possibly flush the brake fluid (they talk about this on the mynissanleaf.com forum a fair bit).
> 
> I'm a fair bit away from my 1 year checkup, but I'm curious to see what other people paid as well.
> 
> -Cory
> 
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM, <patrick0101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am at Beaverton Nissan for my car's 1 year / 15000 mile service. They had not heard about the low speed brake update, but he looked it up and found it. It has been out since October but I seem to be the first person to have it done here. Did any of you get this done here?
> 
> Also, they said the 15000 mile service is $200. How much did you pay to have this done?
> 
> -Pat
> Sunlight will never cost $4 per gallon
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Oeva-list mailing list
> Oeva-list at oeva.org
> http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Oeva-list mailing list
> Oeva-list at oeva.org
> http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/e34041f8/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 5
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 16:27:56 -0800
From: Dima Kukushkin <dimakukushkin at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service
To: Paul Wallace <ianaudio at aracnet.com>
Cc: OEVA <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Message-ID:
    <CAP+HCcXh301J56u2fh28pB-cht1ZEtxayN76Kp54cDmw94MeqQ at mail.gmail.com>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"

Pat, shop other places - i recall most got 1 year service for free.
there is nothing they flush - just inspect and change air filter. plus free
battery test.



Dmitry




On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 4:20 PM, Paul Wallace <ianaudio at aracnet.com> wrote:

> Sounds to me as if you are paying for what it cost the shop to send the
> one mechanic back to Nissan central for training to do the service. Nice
> work if you can get it.  Places like Midas and Mr. Muffler will do a brake
> flush for much less than $200.  I think you get pads and and a flush for
> that much, not rotors.
>
> Paul
>
>  On Dec 18, 2012, at 3:53 PM, Cory Bertsch wrote:
>
> Pat,
>
> Did they break down what the $200 covers? The battery inspection should be
> free. The only things they should need to do is rotate the tires, maybe
> change the cabin air filter and possibly flush the brake fluid (they talk
> about this on the mynissanleaf.com forum a fair bit).
>
> I'm a fair bit away from my 1 year checkup, but I'm curious to see what
> other people paid as well.
>
> -Cory
>
> On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:48 PM, <patrick0101 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am at Beaverton Nissan for my car's 1 year / 15000 mile service. They
>> had not heard about the low speed brake update, but he looked it up and
>> found it. It has been out since October but I seem to be the first person
>> to have it done here. Did any of you get this done here?
>>
>> Also, they said the 15000 mile service is $200. How much did you pay to
>> have this done?
>>
>> -Pat
>> Sunlight will never cost $4 per gallon
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> Oeva-list mailing list
>> Oeva-list at oeva.org
>> http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
>>
>>
> _______________________________________________
> Oeva-list mailing list
> Oeva-list at oeva.org
> http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> Oeva-list mailing list
> Oeva-list at oeva.org
> http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/1dd5f07f/attachment-0001.html 

------------------------------

Message: 6
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 17:58:11 -0700
From: "Peter Hoeckel" <peter at hoeckel.com>
Subject: Re: [Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service
To: "OEVA" <oeva-list at oeva.org>
Message-ID:
    <20121218175811.a85d6814cfebe0e7de690103f7ac0816.59c2a81fe0.wbe at email17.secureserver.net>
    
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/bda6e907/attachment.html 

------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Oeva-list mailing list
Oeva-list at oeva.org
http://www.rdrop.com/mailman/listinfo/oeva-list


End of Oeva-list Digest, Vol 110, Issue 6
*****************************************


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: /pipermail/attachments/20121218/6b944369/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Oeva-list mailing list