[Oeva-list] Leaf 1 year service

Datta, Sham M sham.m.datta at intel.com
Wed Dec 19 13:43:35 PST 2012

Here are my thoughts on why the yearly service for a Leaf is $200.

*        Average miles driven on a car is about 15k miles.

*        If the dealership had sold the customer an ICE based car instead of an EV, the customer might have come in for 5 oil changes (3k miles per oil change average). This would have yielded about $150-$200 revenue into the coffers.

*        Given that dealership expenses are the same, they will have to be able to squeeze out the same amount of milk (so as to speak).

*        So, it is $200 for battery, break and wiper check.

At the end of the day, fundamentals of economics seem to always end up embracing simple math...is not it ?

Sham