[Oeva-list] EV study

Andy McConnell andy.mcconnell at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 14:22:48 PST 2012

Adding my own mini-review of the free apps I know of...

PlugShare and ChargePoint are the best I've seen for the iPhone, in that
order.  These two provide good filtering of charger types for your needs,
and a good footprint of charging locations from different vendors.
PlugShare is vendor-inspecific, and ChargePoint has only just recently
added chargers beyond their own.

Recargo is OK, but I like PlugShare better. ReCargo may have fewer charging
networks; they only list blink and ChargePoint by name, and "unaffiliated"
for others.
AeroVironment's EV Net is OK too, limited to just four network providers.
CarStations is an OK application, I don't think their user interface is as
easy to use as the others.
ChargeMap is an app made to access the OpenChargeMap data directly... it
needs more user interface work to compare to the others.

I've made requests to a few of these developers to add notations and
filters for any J1772 locations that provide more than 30A service. :)

-Andy