[Oeva-list] Compressed air vs. Batteries?

Greg Long greglongoregon at gmail.com
Sun Jul 1 13:22:51 PDT 2012

Interesting. What pressures are the tanks run at, and past the
regulator, what pressure is fed to the pistons? Obviously below the
piston-fed point performance would decline.

Are they REALLY only 20% efficient (roughly) the way ICE's are?
There's little "exhaust" and probably not much heat, maybe even a net
loss, since uncompressing air cools.

The heat generated at the point of compression, could, at least in
theory, be utilized to heat water or homes.

Are there any compressed-air car dealerships in the Metro area?