[Oeva-list] Compressed air vs. Batteries?

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Sun Jul 1 16:05:54 PDT 2012

Hello Greg

While it would be better then oil it is not as efficient as using
batteries. You have the friction losses compressing air and then the friction
losses again similar to an ICE motor in the vehicle. I am not sure what the  cost
per mile would be but it is hard to beat 3 or 4 cents a mile an EV runs  on.

Battery technology is currently at or above the threshold for most people
driving needs. As production increases prices will come down and range will
go  up. With fast charge locations an EV is not too much different then an
ICE in  actual use.

Don.

In a message dated 7/1/2012 7:49:53 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,