[Oeva-list] Compressed air vs. Batteries?

Greg Long greglongoregon at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 05:56:25 PDT 2012

Thanks, everyone for the input. It sounds like the technology
utilization merits further R&D and cost analysis.

It sounds like for some consumers, the engineering drawback may be a
driving-culture-appeal asset... a piston-powered compressed air
vehicle coupled with a transmission may have appeal which BEV's don't
-- the "vroom factor" as an old girlfriend once called it.  I'm
partial to a stick-shift over an automatic myself.

Compressed air vehicles also bypass the high battery cost and
reliability issues, substituting fire-risk for tank-failure-hazard
risk.