[Oeva-list] FW: Oregon EV Tax Credits

Barbara Ballew baballew at msn.com
Fri Jul 6 16:06:43 PDT 2012

Patrick (and OEVA list), I spoke today with both Debbie Davis and her supervisor, Maureen Bach, at Oregon DOE.  I received my "Oregon Residential Energy Tax Credit Certification" postcard, for my Zap Xebra EV purchase, with only part of the credit showing, so I called to discuss the difference. Both Debbie and Maureen assured me that neither my Zap Xebra, the Nissan Leaf, nor the Chevy Volt, etc. are eligible for the (block 6) "vehicle charging system" tax credit, because the system is built in to the vehicle and part of the vehicle purchase price.  * I asked a number of clarifying questions (why is #6 on the form if this is the case, etc.)  and neither was able to explain what they were stating.  They wanted me to know that they've both been there a long time and are very knowledgeable about the Oregon tax credit for EV's, and my case is being handled the same as all the other Oregon EV tax credit forms.  Neither could direct me to where what they were saying is cited in the tax credit rules; they could only say "it is on our website." Bottom line, at least for me, is that the only part of the Oregon tax credit I can get is from block # 3, purchase of vehicle.And as if not getting an explanation wasn't bad enough, they were rude and hung up on me.   * is this how others in OEVA were credited for their vehicle purchases with on-board chargers?  BBallew