[Oeva-list] FW: Help spread the word about EVs this July & August: volunteer with CUB at an outreach event!

john.p.christian john.p.christian at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 16:21:02 PDT 2012

From: Emmaline Pohnl [mailto:emmaline at oregoncub.org]
Sent: Monday, July 09, 2012 4:15 PM
To: Emmaline Pohnl
Subject: Help spread the word about EVs this July & August: volunteer with
CUB at an outreach event!

Hello!

With summer now actually here, it is finally the season for neighborhood
festivals, movie nights, and outdoor concerts - which are all great
opportunities for us to share with our communities the benefits of electric
vehicles!  I am contacting you to see if you are interested in joining me,
with your electric vehicle, as I participate in different events these next
two months throughout Portland.

As the proud owner of an electric vehicle, you have knowledge and experience
on "going electric" that can help encourage others to also make the switch
or support the broader movement.  I hope you are able to come out to one of
the events below with your vehicle to share that valuable perspective with
the community!

All of the events listed are easy and fun to volunteer at - all you will
need to do is park your electric vehicle by our booth and then chat with
curious passers-by.  You probably already are a pro at doing this, just from
going grocery shopping and being peppered with questions from fellow
shoppers!

If you are interested in volunteering, just send me a note with the date of
the event.  Thank you!

Thursday, July 12th -- Sundown at Ecotrust
<http://www.ecotrust.org/events/sundown/>  - a concert and tabling festival

721 NW 9th, Ecotrust building parking lot

4:45 - 8:45 pm

**I tabled at this event last week and it was great - big turnout and lots
of really engaged attendees!

Friday, July 13th -- Wilkes Neighborhood Concert
<http://eastportland.org/wilkes-movie-park-0>  and Movie Night

Wilkes Park, 3655 NE 154th Ave.

Starting at 5:30 pm

Thursday, July 19th -- Sundown at Ecotrust
<http://www.ecotrust.org/events/sundown/>  - a concert and tabling festival

721 NW 9th, Ecotrust building parking lot

4:45 - 8:45 pm

Saturday, July 21st -- East Portland Exposition <http://www.epoxpo.org/>

Earl Boyles Park, on SE 112th between SE Holgate and SE Powell

11 am - 7 pm (We won't be here the whole time -- this is just the range.)

Thursday, July 26th  -- Sundown at Ecotrust
<http://www.ecotrust.org/events/sundown/>  - a concert and tabling festival

721 NW 9th, Ecotrust building parking lot

4:45 - 8:45 pm

Friday, August 10th-- Parklane
<http://centennial.eastportland.org/parklane-neighborhood-fair-2>
Neighborhood Fair

Parklane Park, SE 155th and Main

Starting at 4 pm

Saturday, August 11th -- Wilkes Concert and Movie
<http://eastportland.org/wilkes-movie-park-1>  Night

Wilkes Park, 3655 NE 154th Ave.

Starting at 3 pm

Thank you for taking the time to read my invitation and I hope to hear from
you soon.  Feel free to call or email with any questions.  With your help,
more Portlanders will be able to learn about the benefits of electric
vehicles and get 'charged up' about this exciting way to travel!

Cheers,

Emmaline

PS: Feel free to pass this onto other friends or colleagues whom you think
might be interested in this as well!

Emmaline Pohnl

Community Outreach Coordinator, Americorps Member

Citizens' Utility Board of Oregon

CUB Policy Center

emmaline at oregoncub.org <mailto:sa at oregoncub.org>

P: 319-331-6790

F: 503-274-2956

W: http://oregoncub.org

W: http://cubpolicycenter.org

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE :

This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or
otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the
addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received
this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the
contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any
attachments from your system.

John P. Christian

Oregon Electric Vehicles Association -  Chairperson

www.oeva.org

(503) 704-2155

  _____