[Oeva-list] Leaf range vs. heat

Nick nickgaladay at msn.com
Fri Jul 27 14:14:05 PDT 2012

It may be pretty serious if Nissan can’t find a quick solution to the Leaf
range vs. heat issue.  Apparently range for some Phoenix owners is half that
normally expected.  The local PHX CBS affiliate aired a piece where a Leaf
owner called his new Leaf a “boat anchor” if he can’t get more than 44 miles
range on a hot day.  This could be a serious setback for Nissan and EVs in
general.  The 110° days in Phoenix are not that unusual anymore, and not
just in the South, and that’s not likely to change.  I wonder if there’s a
connection between this and the story about an LA dealer cutting Leaf prices
by $5,000 to clear them out of his floor-plan.  I expected to first hear a
range vs. temp. complaint come out of Minneapolis in the winter, not due to
heat in Phoenix!

<http://insideevs.com/phoenix-cbs-affiliate-airs-out-leaf-capacity-loss-issu
e/>
http://insideevs.com/phoenix-cbs-affiliate-airs-out-leaf-capacity-loss-issue
/

Nick Galaday

Vernonia, OR

The day is fast approaching when we’ll look back on burning stuff in our
cars to make them go, as quite quaint!

Like a Stanley Steamer or riding a horse to school!

What about a “well regulated militia” don’t they understand?