[Oeva-list] Leafing to Mary's Peak

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Sun Jul 29 09:46:14 PDT 2012

On 7/29/12 12:24 AM, Karl Boekelheide wrote:
> I got 3 bars back.  Back at OSU I was
> back to 6 bars, I think.   I was able to make the trip down touching the
> brakes only a couple times.

Interesting; I was trying to modulate the brakes to get max regen,
though several times while holding the brake steady, it would suddenly
drop off to 3 dots instead of 5 and the car would start picking up
speed.  The only thing I can imagine is that it was battery management.

> The Leaf handles like a dream.  I was
> taking 25 MPH corners at 50 and feeling like I was on rails.

I thought about doing that, as it does handle well, but chickened out ;-)

> was not free like yours.  I suspect it's because I powered up the hill
> at or above the speed limit which is 30, if I remember right.

The first 1/3 to 1/2 of Mary's Peak Road, I was stuck behind someone
doing 25, but I was noticing I was pulling around 20kW - the same as
traveling at freeway speeds, but at only 1/3 the speed.

An interesting question will be Tuesday eve, when I'm planning on
repeating it, possibly with a car full of people.  I'm curious how the
weight will affect it...