[Oeva-list] Think City

Theoldcars at aol.com Theoldcars at aol.com
Mon Jun 4 22:06:01 PDT 2012

Michael

While I have not worked on a Think. It sounds like your  describing a
Balancing/Leveling charge. This requires you leave the vehicle  plugged until the
BMS tops off all cells. This is not going to use much energy  but it can
take a long time to balance cells.

If you deeply discharge a pack there is a much greater chance of them
becoming out of balance. For long life all battery manufacturers recommend not
to discharge below 80% SOC. If you really want to extend the life of your
pack  try and keep the SOC between 40% to 80%. It will add thousands of cycles
to your  pack if your use allows doing so.

Congratulations to you and all the other Think owners.

Don Blazer

In a message dated 6/1/2012 2:09:57 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,