[Oeva-list] New CALB cells

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Sun Jun 10 12:27:11 PDT 2012

Not sure what this has to do with CALB cells.?

Regarding Clipper Creek's (CC) chargers, yeah, most(?) of the THINKs that
arrived here in Portland a week ago included the Level 1 portable chargers
from Clipper.  Unfortunately, we have found since that THINK cars pretty
much need to be charged with Level 2 chargers at least occasionally.  I
asked CC if they'd offer an exchange of our new Level 1 portable chargers in
upgrade to their LCS25, but the best they'll offer is a $250 discount on the
LCS25 if we get at least 10 buyers together.  So there's the offer if folks
want to jump for it.

I'm opting to finally install my Edison EVI Level 2 EVSE station and
replacing the charge connector with a $125 J1772 connector.

Aside from that, there's the EVSEUpgrade option, which is about $350 to mod
a CC Lvl1 to a Level 2 portable charger.

My preference would be to buy a DIY kit to upgrade my own CC1 unit.my bet is
EVSEUpgrade won't offer that.

-Myles Twete

-New THINK owner.