[Oeva-list] CBS gets a BS flag

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 11 19:08:56 PDT 2012

It could be a lot worse.   They could be claiming that EV's are more popular than they are.

As soon as the electric car haters "think" EVs are popular, they are going to start whining and whinging about road tax "fairness" again and try whip the public into a
frenzy and portray the electric car drivers as "a horde of road-ruining-tax-cheats".    Never mind the actual numbers, or actual damage to roads.   It's an emotional
response, just like this stupid CBS report.

I'd way rather take some stupid criticism that I can smugly ignore while saving thousands of dollars, than some government idiots trying to invade my privacy with GPS
tracking tax scheme because EV's are becoming "too popular".

It could be a lot worse.........and these GPS-"tracker-taxers" are just itching for any excuse to implement it as an "experiment" on EV drivers, before forcing it
on the world and trying to turn public highways built at taxpayer expense, into a "private-for-profit-toll-road-system" controlled by a select few at the
"Department of Transportation" incorporated with various private corporations making the technology that we will then be herded to purchase and forced to deal
with.    These private companies will make the tracking systems and also get contracts to collect the revenue.     Pretty soon I can be complaining about my
road-tax bill to "acme-road-tax-is-US-A" incorporated over my cell phone to the local call center in bangladesh while I stay on hold for 3 hours because they
claim I drove 250,000 miles last week, and I now owe them $14,067 dollars...and my car license and my description is being sent via interpol so their
local goon affiliates (i.e. Corvallis Police Department) can steal my car and auction it off.   But if I feel that is unfair, then I can hire a lawyer for $14,066
and contest them in court 8 months from now....as long as I don't use the public roads in the meantime...(that would be "unfair" because I didn't pay my "tax")

So, as long as I sit on my private property and don't use the public roads for the next 8 months, I can have my day in court.   Of course I'll be fired and starve to
death in the meantime, but hey, our system of justice is the "fairest in the world" right, and we can't just let people use the roads for free.   It would be total chaos, with people
walking and bicycling and whistling and enjoying freedom and public right of ways, and god forbid we'd occasionally have a pothole we have to fill up.    No way, this is
going to happen on "MY" watch.   Nope, I'm going to embed a tracking collar into every living thing and force them to pay their "fair share" OR ELSE.    We must
stop freedom at any cost.

I wish I was just being paranoid...you can read their actual plans here.  http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/RUFPP/rucpp.shtml

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see where this is going.   Basically a giant complicated, bureaucratic toll-itarian toll system that drastically limits our freedom

to use the roads, to replace a very simple gas tax which allows great freedom of public highway system that was built with taxpayer dollars.
for "fairness", because heavy big gas guzzlers are treated "unfairly"....awwwwhh....poor them...having to pay more while squandering precious natural resources

that are getting rarer and rarer everyday.

I'm not being paranoid either.  I wish I was.  This is a real plan these idiots won't give up on.   Their jobs literally depend on proposing a new way of  generating revenue, the
more radical and complicated, the better.  They have to keep portraying the current gas tax as "unfair", in order to keep themselves from being fired.  So they need to keep proposing new radical, "progressive" ways of funding.   Their department is called the "road user charge pilot program"

You can read their actual plans here.  http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/RUFPP/rucpp.shtml

This attempt to claim moral authority of "fairness" is bullcrap.  What's next?  Perhaps claiming "car-poolers" are getting an "unfair" advantage
because they pay the same tax/mile as the poor guy who drives alone in his car?....After all, he has to pay 4 times more tax passenger/mile
than the guy with 3 passengers.

Surely this is "unfair" also?    Let us of the "Road User Charge Task Force", now decide to stop evil "car-poolers".
I guess I can just be thankful these idiots didn't decide to go after the tax-dodging bicyclists first.   Those guys (bicyclists)  are "unfair" also.

Again, I'm not being paranoid.  They almost succeeded last time and to some extent, appear to have the public support of the legislature.   And they are still desperately
 trying to implement their evil, idiotic, expensive, impractical and unnecessary ideas

 As sad as it is, to let CBS slide, I'd actually rather have them saying EV's are unpopular than the other way around where people claim EV's are
more popular than they really are and risk giving ammunition to the "tracker-taxers".

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world.
Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934