[Oeva-list] Bike Motor Recommendations Please

Dan Bortel dannyb61 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 11 21:19:24 PDT 2012

I'm looking at repowering my trike. It currently has a 48V 500W brushed 20"
front hub motor with an almost new 48V 25AH lithium pack. This motor is just
a little too small to get my fat arse up some of these hills around here,
even with me pedaling as hard as I can. This is a Sun X style trike with
under seat steering, so there really isn't any place to mount anything other
than a front hub motor. What I want to go with is a 48V 1000W brushless.
Does anybody have any recommendations as to a good brand, vendor, style, at
a good price. I was hoping to do the switch for around $300.

Thanks,
Dan