[Oeva-list] paying for roads

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Jun 12 01:08:20 PDT 2012

On 6/12/12 12:55 AM, Lawrence Winiarski wrote:

> Trying to use
> a weight/mile system for lightweight cars is absolutely idiotic because it
> doesn't apply.

By that argument, we shouldn't have a gas tax either.  The roads have to
get paid for somehow, and it makes sense that the people that use it pay
for it.

> I had AT&T take
> out about $1000 out of my checking account for a disputed cell phone
> bill.

Which is why I *never* sign up to have companies take money out of my
account.  I set things up so bill paying is under my control.

If you think the a government agency is going to be any easier to deal
with...