[Oeva-list] tax issues.

john.p.christian john.p.christian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 10:59:42 PDT 2012

OEVA members and friends,

My 2 cents:

I think all of us understand that going forward we need to pay our fair
share to maintain the infrastructure. The primary issues are these:

- In order to send a clear message that Oregon is encouraging the reduction
in fossil fuel use - this tax plan needs to be delayed until a specific year
or a specific percentage of non-polluting vehicles are in use.

- We need to make it clear that the State of Oregon is not going to take
advantage of us just because our numbers are small and no one will notice if
we are unfairly treated, overly taxed, or we are forced to sacrifice our
basic freedoms.

Best regards,

John P. Christian

Oregon Electric Vehicles Association -  Chairperson

www.oeva.org

(503) 704-2155