[Oeva-list] tax issues.

Lee White Lee at northwestmedia.com
Tue Jun 12 11:26:55 PDT 2012

This is a great conversation; my suggestion rides on John's idea.
Perhaps the suggestion of introduction and integration of a tax should
be based on the percent or number of EV's registered in the state. The
tax could be progressive and stepped up/revised as more vehicles hit the
road.

As for how the tax is done, there is not clear answer, but for now
perhaps EV members could track their EV mileage monthly and provide an
annual report on usage. This average usage number along with the current
gas tax amount could be used to figure out how much the state is missing
in taxes.

Lee