[Oeva-list] tax issues.

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 12 12:49:28 PDT 2012

Why do some people feel this incredible urge to mess with something that has been working fine for 100 years?

and furthermore that the average person doesn't even realize he is paying...AND is only about 10% of the bill.

ODOT is literally walking away from millions of dollars in the eddyville fiasco, and a bunch of people on this list are

offering to start an EV tax system because they actually believe the propoganda that ODOT is desperately
short on money for "potholes" and that the gas tax is obsolete and unfair and is impossible to raise.

The reality is they have "shot themselves in the foot" and are now complaining about a "desperate lack of ammunition" and y'all are
sending them more bullets....instead of demanding to know why they just paid a rich out-of-state construction firm $200 million dollars on
bridge/highway that is falling down before it is even finished...and are virtually letting them off the hook.

You should be running around with torches and pitchforks, but instead you are.....advocating more taxes??

I can't even begin to comprehend the confusion of ideas that provokes such a response

If we don't halt population growth with justice and compassion, it will be done for us by nature, brutally and without pity - and will leave a ravaged world.
Nobel Laureate Dr. Henry W. Kendall 023934