[Oeva-list] Ecotality EV Project

patrick0101 at gmail.com patrick0101 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 09:18:26 PDT 2012

I got a free one for my house. It has been upgraded/repaired a couple times
and it seems to be working well now. If you are an involved owner, I don't
think you'll have much trouble. The problem (as I see it) is that many of
the public stations don't have active owners. Most of the site owners don't
know anything about EVs and even less about EVSEs. They got the stations
and they don't use them personally, so when one of them breaks, they don't
know. This means that the person that finds it is an EV driver customer
that is disappointed by the failure. Blink does fix the stations once the
problem is reported, and they have improved their system. For example, the
original card readers failed often, now they use a more reliable card
reader part. This is all part of being early an early adopter, things are
not at the "it just works" phase, some attentiveness is needed.

Regards,
Pat
Sunlight will never cost $4/gallon