[Oeva-list] Ecotality EV Project

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Sep 4 09:57:24 PDT 2012

On 9/4/12 8:23 AM, Cory Bertsch wrote:
> Has anyone here participated in the Ecotality EV Project where you get a
> free level 2 Blink charger? I'm considering it, but I've read mixed
> reviews of the quality of their EVSEs. Has anyone here participated and
> if you did how well do the units work?

I've had one for a year and a half; the wireless died and I had to
switch to wired, and the software has stabilized so it doesn't require
power cycling regularly any more.  Even when it was flaky, I never had
any problems charging with it.  I would say "you can't go wrong with
free" ;-) and it's likely to work reasonably well...