[Oeva-list] Leaf Sales

Judith Huck judith.huck at comcast.net
Mon Sep 10 07:04:37 PDT 2012

My local Nissan dealer performed the 7500 mile checkup on my Leaf last week.
While waiting I talked to the salespeople, including a manager, about the
Leaf.  They knew very little about it, how a driver would go about charging,
about charging options, cost to charge up, etc.  Then they said they have
about 30 for sale.  I counted 19 in their back lot.

I encouraged them to learn about the Leaf.  If they think potential car
buyers will walk in their showroom and of all the options available pick a
Leaf, they're wrong.  The public needs educating about electric cars and the
dealer needs to understand and promote them if they are to be successful.

Do the local Nissan dealers get involved in the OEVA events?  Do they attend
events to learn more about "their" cars?

Thanks,
Judith Huck
2012 Leaf