[Oeva-list] FW: Thanks For Charging With Blink!

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Sat Sep 15 09:36:04 PDT 2012

So earlier this week I plugged in as a “Guest” at the Level 2 Blink EVSE at Hollywood Fred Meyer.  The charge was $0/hr.

Last night, I plugged into one of the Hawthorne Fred Meyer’s Level 2 Blink EVSE’s but the charge was $2/hr as a Guest.

Not only that, they didn’t pro-rate the hourly rate charge and so our 1 hr 45 minutes of being plugged in was billed at $4.

I wonder if they’d have charged us $6 if we went 2 hr 1 minute being plugged in?

This doesn’t make me want to join their network with either of their subscriber plans.  OTOH, their charge stations are pretty ubiquitous around Portland.

Has anyone else but me plugged into the Shorepower EVSE at Electric Avenue?  I plugged in there the morning of Merkley’s cross-Oregon EV drive day back in June(?) and found that the charging stopped after about 10 minutes with a ground fault message being displayed.  I mentioned this to someone with Shorepower afterwards, but yesterday I found that the EVSE still has this problem, stopping my charging after just 12 minutes when I had been expecting 30 minutes of charge.  While it was free to charge, I paid something like $0.80 to park there thinking I’d be getting ½ hour of charge.  Instead, I got 1/5 hr of charge for $0.80, or an effective cost of $4/hr for the charge I got.  This station should get fixed.

-Myles