[Oeva-list] Fred Meyer Tigard Blink QC

Rhonda Walton rhonda at evo2go.com
Wed Sep 19 09:11:38 PDT 2012

Gene,

There is merit it what you are saying. I agree that we need to use these
spaces. And I will pay the dollar if it is in highly visible area like
Electric Ave. NOT: The Gee Creek Rest Area just north of Vancouver.

My point is the 2 billion dollars is not being used to its highest and
best use. And the companies that got the money should be satisfied with
the profit on the front end.
Instead they are charging a dollar an hour and keeping up to 95% of the
fees for up to 25 years. I would not have any issues with an extra dollar
to go over by two mins. If the money was going into the City, County,
school or store that I was paying it to.

Example one: PDX Airpot: For the price of the 8 level 2  Chargers going in
we could of had 2 DC fast chargers one on each floor for the same price.
I received the bid for PDX international airport just a few months ago
that called for 8 level 2 charging stations.
These level 2's on the 3rd and 4th floor are in the SHORT TERM  parking
garage (6 to 8 hours)
 I explained, that level 1 parking would be less expensive in Long term
parking and that it is most likely already there. So anyone coming back
from a trip would be fully charged and be ok with 110.
The I explained that electric vehicle owners do not want the in your face
prime real estate parking and it would be ok to have them on the back side
of the garage so that the ice drivers won't be stealing them.
Also, all of of these empty spaces right at the skybridge in front of
everyone is where the ridicule comes from.
I called and brought to their attention that whoever wrote the spec. was
not an EV driver.
But it fell on deaf ears.
Still no DC fast charger that¹s is what we need if we take someone to the
airport from Hillsboro, Salem, Hood River and so on.
I love that I am able to go EVing an excited to move forward.
We are not kicking somebody's dog by expressing we could do a better job.

Rhonda Walton
EVO2GO
www.evo2go.com
360.574.1148