[Oeva-list] Siemens EVSE

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Sun Apr 14 12:32:19 PDT 2013

Is there precedent for EVSE’s frying the pilot signal diode?  Assuming so, how rare and which make of cars & EVSE’s were involved?

I can see this being the Achilles heel of J1772 if EVSE designs can over-current or over-voltage a diode that is so embedded on-board that the charging unit has to be replaced.

-Myles