[Oeva-list] Why EV work in Oregon

Cory Bertsch pi at hiddenspiral.net
Mon Apr 15 11:48:26 PDT 2013

Despite having less sunshine than other states Oregon has favorable solar
rebates. Our panels generated enough electricity in March to offset all the
driving we did in our Leaf. In the summer we get even lower electricity
bills even though we have AC (which doesn't come on that often).

We also have pretty rebates through Energy Trust. We replaced our washing
machine with a nice energy efficient one when we moved into our house.
Before with the old washer our electricity bills were routinely over
$100/month (the washer never spun things quickly enough to get them very
dry). Now with the new washing machine (even including the bill for our
Leaf) our energy bills are usually around $65 or less. So even though we
added an electric car, we still use less net-electricity than we did before
the Leaf.

-Cory