[Oeva-list] Leaf fast charge

John Christian john.p.christian at gmail.com
Mon Apr 29 10:08:17 PDT 2013

Hi Pat,

Glad to see you are flexing the range on your Leaf.

I have not fast charged my Leaf more than twice in one day. So, I do not
have an answer for you. Given the low charge rate near the end, while using
a DC quick charger, I just charge to a little higher level than what I need
to make it to the nest destination. I hate waiting for that last little bit
of charge.

On a slightly different note: How many and where were these DC quick
chargers that you used on this trip?

Thank you,
John

On Mon, Apr 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM, <patrick0101 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I took a trip north on the west coast electric highway this weekend. I ran
> into fellow OEVA member Rick Durst in Centralia Wa.
>
> I noticed something about fast charging the leaf that I wanted to ask
> about. At our first stop, it charged up to 10 bars before it stopped. At
> our second and third stop, however, it only charged up to 9 bars when it
> stopped.
>
> Still plenty to make the next leg, but not what I expected.
>
> Anyone else seen this?
>
> I thought it might be temp related but we were only at 6 bars. 5 is
> normal, 6 is far from the red zone.
>
> -Pat
> Sunlight will never cost $4 per gallon

John P. Christian
Chairman - Oregon Electric Vehicle Association
(503) 704-2155
www.oeva.org

 Don't care about Global Warming? Don't hug trees?
Think about the "True Cost to Own" your gas car:
+ Dare to compare any EV against your car: http://www.edmunds.com/tco.html