[Oeva-list] Leaf fast charge

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Mon Apr 29 11:30:53 PDT 2013

On 4/29/13 9:38 AM, patrick0101 at gmail.com wrote:
> I noticed something about fast charging the leaf that I wanted to ask
> about. At our first stop, it charged up to 10 bars before it stopped. At
> our second and third stop, however, it only charged up to 9 bars when it
> stopped.

> Anyone else seen this?

Yes, though I haven't characterized it.  9 bars is the more typical
result though.  I think it is temperature related - the temperature
gauge is very coarse: at the beginning, you were probably barely into
the 6th bar, and at the end of the charge, probably nearing 7 bars.

I have a bluetooth OBD reader, but haven't played with apps enough to
find out how to read the good data yet, which should give detailed temp
and battery level info...