[Oeva-list] Does it make sense to buy a lightly used Leaf?

Judith judith.huck at comcast.net
Thu Dec 12 06:52:55 PST 2013

You're right Eric, I should have qualified my QC needs as everyone's story
is unique.  I use my 2012 Leaf as my main vehicle.  Purchased in December
2011 it has over 22k miles on it.  For work I visit job sites around the
Portland area and I don't know how many miles I will need to go in any one
day until that day arrives.  Some days it's 10 miles, but some days I have
to go from home (Happy Valley area), to work (outer East Portland) to
Beaverton to Vancouver to Downtown Portland, back to East Portland and home
to Happy Valley.  A lot of those miles are freeway miles which take more
battery load.  I wouldn't be able to make this work without the QC port and
either the Electric Avenue, Broadway Fred Meyers, or SE 92 Burgerville QC's.
I've had to make some trips from Portland to Salem for work and not had the
luxury of staying hours in Salem hooked to a Level 2 charger to recharge
enough to make it home.  Without the QC port I'd be toast.
Having a QC port gives you options.  Without it you're limited.  If you're
using an electric car for a spare or fun vehicle you have the option of
limited miles.  I don't want to buy gas ever again, so an electric car with
a QC port- works well for me as my only car.

So the QC port or no QC port answer is - it depends on your needs.
Judith