[Oeva-list] What's at Electric Avenue?

Karl Boekelheide Karl at boekelheide.com
Thu Dec 12 11:31:12 PST 2013

You may want to invest in a cheap cell phone.  Almost all of the chargers have a phone number you can call if things aren’t working.  AV and Blink can diagnose and reset the devices remotely or give you a temporary code.  I’ve used that feature more than I’d like but it’s really nice.

A little method I use with AV when I really have to have one working is to call ahead and ask them to tell you when the charger was last used successfully.  PlugShare users aren’t great at just posting a “yep, it worked.”  Others just leave if it isn’t.  I say AV because they are the ones that are out of the road with nothing else around.  It’s a bummer to find one dead.  On the plus side I’ve only found one that was actually dead.  Many needed one or two complete reboots.

Several of the L2’’s will take a regular credit card but you usually pay more than if you have their card/fob.  At one point I had accounts with 7 different companies but many have merged or gone away.  AV, Blink and OpConnect are the ones I use regularly.  OpConnect is big in Seattle area.