[Oeva-list] Does it make sense to buy a lightly used Leaf?

Hai-Yue Han haiyuehan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 14 19:34:36 PST 2013

Kat and I looked through some of these options for leasing a Nissan Leaf S
(with the QC) and got quite a few quotes from the Nissan dealer in
Corvallis.  They pointed out that the $199 prices quoted on Nissan's site
are for the absolute bare bones models (no QC, among other things) and with
a down payment.  We ended up going with $0 down and $311 per month for 24
months, which is about $1500 less over the two years than the original deal
they offered us. So we found that being knowledgeable and haggling a bit
did help a lot.

We love the car - we drove it to Albany then Salem, back to Albany, then to
Corvallis today, charging a bit at two of our stops. The 6.6kW charger was
really nice for the trip because we were able to get to the mall, do our
shopping and get back home without having to wait extra for the vehicle to
charge. One thing we miss that the S doesn't have is cruise control, but
the heated seats (even in the back!) and the heated steering wheel are
nice.  We have been driving a 2005 Prius for the last eight years, so
functionally our comparisons and opinions are formed from our experience
with our Prius.

Hai-Yue Han