[Oeva-list] SHOULD we let Tesla off the hook?

Steve's Account stevel at fern.com
Mon Jul 1 12:16:22 PDT 2013

I'm not sure how I feel about freeing the manufacturers from having to have
a local dealer network.

Who do you go to when you have a repair problem?

Who answers warrenty claims?

How do you enforce state lemon laws if there is no entity in the
state with whom to pursue the claim?

There are a lot of "equipment" dealers who are reps for firms, handling
product in each territory.

I'd like for the state of Oregon to still have a role in the sale of
vehicles that run on Oregon roads.

I'm not sure that needs to be a brick and morter "dealership".. but I
think there needs to be a registered agent in the state.

Steve