[Oeva-list] Parading around

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Wed Jul 3 01:16:55 PDT 2013

Being in the parade in Redmond isn't going to mean much if I don't have
something to explain why I'm there, so I've thrown together a few things
to tape on the car (I looked into static cling banners, but there wasn't
enough time to get them made; they recommend magnetic, but the Leaf
doors aren't ferrous so magnets don't stick).

First was the QR code for oeva.org along with a logo; the logo and text
aren't very big though, so I did a separate one with just the logo and
text to put next to the QR code (they just fit in the back side windows).

Then, I made a banner to go across the upper windshield that says:

Gasless from Corvallis to Redmond,
from Ashland to Seattle - and beyond!

Hopefully the point will be made that EVs are a lot more capable than
many give them credit for.

What I've done is kinda crude as I didn't have time for more, but mostly
works if you don't look too close.  I'd like to get a high res version
of the "Oregon Wheels with a Cord" logo and have some sort of sticky
things made that the club could have on hand for parades - several sets
maybe to send out to whoever's in whatever parade or event...  Also pdfs
on the web site that people can print out if needed, as well as flyers
to print out for handouts at events...