[Oeva-list] Gasless in Redmond

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Thu Jul 4 20:21:06 PDT 2013

My trip report for the Redmond Parade:

http://alan.batie.org/photos/lumix/2013/0704-cvo-2-redmond/

Highlights:

* the SB exit to the Springfield FC doesn't exist at the moment - you
have to go to the next exit south and backtrack (or possibly the
earlier, westbound half of the exit and then backtrack - not sure which
is shorter), adding several miles - Beware!

* high temps (90F) in Rainbow caused charging problems - the FC was
charging at L2 speeds up to about 50% and then "charge complete".
Something cooled or reset by then and it Fast Charged normally after
restarting.

* The parade went well and people liked the EV, though I was surprised
that many hadn't heard of the Leaf and wondered "who makes it?"

* We need to come up with some "parade grade" messaging, as this looks
like a good way to promote EVs...