[Oeva-list] Mr. Zehner's article

Dima Kukushkin dimakukushkin at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 11:11:00 PDT 2013

I see bit of truth in "unpopular in this group" side of story.
In addition I always question statement that "EV runs on clean energy".
That is similar to power companies offering you clean power at extra $$,
here is why:

As long as US is burning coal/oil to generate any electricity - every EV
purchased does increase burn of coal/oil at power plants.  ONLY if we would
be generating 100% of power from renewables - newly produced EV won't be
causing extra burn (there may be exceptions as always, like if specific
city has excess of hydro power at night and extra EV charging will only
cause turbine to spin "faster" at night than it would otherwise.

With all that - I still LOVE my LEAF and dream of Tesla

Dmitry