[Oeva-list] Mr. Zehner's article.

Gary Munkhoff gary at greenlivingjournal.com
Wed Jul 31 11:56:32 PDT 2013

Steve,

If one believes in the statistics put forth by the US Department of
Transportation, the average American drives less than 40 miles a day.

That, together with the fact that most American households have more
that one car, means that the range of the present generation of EVs
meets the needs of most consumers (the mass market).

Your driving situation clearly puts you well outside of the norm.

In other words, you represent a niche market that the present day EV
(Tesla excluded) is not designed to meet.

For most Americans those windmills exist only in their minds and remain
there simply because of normal resistance to change.

Gary M