[Oeva-list] Mr. Zehner's article.

Steve's Account stevel at fern.com
Wed Jul 31 13:24:31 PDT 2013

On Wed, 31 Jul 2013, Andy McConnell wrote:

> You have a good point on the "fit" argument.

[snip]

> When buyers see two models of the same vehicle type, then a fair comparison
> of EV vs ICE can happen, and EV drives will win.
>

> -Andy

I agree..

and there are some examples.. There is currently an EV conversion of the
Transit Connect, that looks promising.. but it's just too expensive.

<http://www.plugincars.com/ford-transit-connect-electric/price>
and
<http://www.chicagotribune.com/classified/automotive/sns-car-review-2012-ford-transit-connect-electric-20120125,0,2864404.story>

Please don't think that I'm "bashing EV's just to be bashing"...I'm not.. I'm appealing for
one that actually does what I need.

I can't shrink the number of miles between where I live, and where I need to go..
(and I can't sell and move, for a number of reasons.)

And I can't "not haul the things I need to"..

If I could have the choice between the Transit Connect EV and the gas engine, for
a reasonable premium.. I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I have tried (twice) to get my employer to install a charging station.. they won't
do it. The reason stated is "liability". (Bogus in my opinion.)

There is no place around within a reasonable distance that has a public charging
station.

So.. Yes, I'd love to be able to use an EV..

I'd even thought of buying one of the surplus S-10's.. if I could charge at work.

Get me a 100 mile range Gizmo with the load carrying capacity.. and I'm there!

Steve