[Oeva-list] Zehner's article.

Aaron Burt aaron at bavariati.org
Wed Jul 31 15:12:08 PDT 2013

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 01:02:56PM -0700, Steve's Account wrote:
> From: Aaron Burt <aaron at bavariati.org>
> > Consider the cost of NG liquefaction compressors alone, vs. L2 chargers,
> > and also the rural availability of electricity vs. NG lines.
>
> NG liqufaction costs you absolutely nothing.. You just get it from the
> LNG tanker in liquid form.. There's lots of LNG on the market already.

You're not even wrong here...

> H2 is easy.. you do what the Icelanders are already doing, you install
> "reverse fuel cells" to electrolize water into hydrogen and oxygen.

Never mind electrolysis (or catalyzed solar hydrolysis), I'm talking about
storage, transport & delivery.  I'm not even mentioning the cost of PEM
fuel cells, or the silliness of trying to throttle them like an engine.

> EV's arn't "bad" they just arn't the solution that people would like
> them to be.. including me!

"EVs are at least as polluting as ICEs" sounds a whole lot like "EVs are
bad" to me.  As for their utility or value, you speak only for yourself.

I want a 300# $6000 EV motorcycle that goes 200 miles at 70 MPH.  Some day
that may exist, and if I'm extremely lucky, I might have a chance to help
that happen.  Meantime, I don't gripe about the limits of existing
(excellent) EV bikes or argue that EV bikes are pointless and bad.

Wish I had time for this but glad I don't,
  Aaron