[Oeva-list] June, to July 4th Events

paburkey at juno.com paburkey at juno.com
Sat Jun 15 13:41:56 PDT 2013

Hi

June 15th & 16th if you are looking for something to do this weekend:
Dixie Mt Grange 61st Annual Strawberry Festival
http://www.grange.org/dixiemtor860/
23455 NW Dixie Mt. Road
North Plains, OR 97133
Saturday and Sunday, June 15th & 16th 2013
11:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Held every Father’s Day weekend
Come enjoy the finest strawberry shortcake found anywhere. We use only the very freshest ingredients so you can enjoy the best.

June 18th:
Maxim Hillsboro Green Fair 2013
11:30 AM through 1:30 PM
Maxim Corporation 7250 NW Evergreen Pkwy Hillsboro, OR 97124

June 22nd:
Tillamook charging station dedication and parade afterword.
11:00 AM

July 4th:
Central Oregon Coast 4th of July Parade
63 Beaver Tree Lane Lincoln City, OR 97367
EV owners are invited to participate in the Gleneden Beach 2013 4th of July parade on the central Oregon coast. Last year, there were two LEAFs in the parade owned by Gene and Melody from Sherwood and Patrick and Debbie from Lincoln Beach. With the installation of the DC Fast Charge (DCFC) stations along the way from the valley and in Lincoln City, it is now a much easier trip from the valley to the coast. There are numerous Level 2 chargers in Lincoln City that are free. Newport, Yachats, Florence, Tillamook, and Cannon Beach also have a DCFC stations available, if people want to travel the Oregon coast. Patrick and Debbie’s house is not far from the parade location with a Level 2 station available in their garage that they will make available to anyone participating in the parade.

It would be fabulous to have more EVs in the parade this year. Last time we were placed right behind the very noisy, engine-revving Corvette club and received much enthusiastic applause from the onlookers! A registration form is required and will soon be available. Please call Patrick or Debbie Jimmerson at 541-764-2826 or e-mail at runningknots at centurytel.net and we can forward a hard copy or send a link. The parade begins at 1:00 p.m. but participants need to stage earlier behind the Depoe Bay Fire Dept. station at Gleneden Beach. This is a funky little parade and doesn’t last long once we get going, but there are other activities such as a pancake breakfast in the morning and craft and food vendors near the center of the parade area. A Rusty Truck beer wagon is usually in the staging area along with a band. You can decorate your vehicle with patriotic decorations if you wish. Overall, it’s a fun, festive afternoon. We would like to hear from anyone attending so we can give the coordinator of the parade a heads up on how many EVs there will be and in case we want to put some munchies together. Hope you can attend!

Debbie Jimmerson
63 Beaver Tree Lane
Lincoln City, OR  97367

541-764-2826