[Oeva-list] Announcing Sierra Club's new online Electric Vehicle Guide!

John Christian john.p.christian at gmail.com
Tue Jun 18 08:03:22 PDT 2013

this just in from the Sierra Club

Dear Colleague:

I'm pleased to announce that today the Sierra Club is launching a new
online Electric Vehicle Guide.

You can find it here: sierraclub.org/EVguide

We've put a lot all in one place, including information specific to your
location when you type in your zip code. You can compare EV models,
discover state-by-state EV incentives (tax credits, carpool lane access,
discount electricity rates for EV drivers, etc.), and compare
region-specific emissions among EVs, plug-in hybrids, and conventional gas
guzzlers. There are even listings of plug-in cars for sale in your area
through eBay.

The site also includes recent EV-related blog posts, an EV fact sheet,
and Sierra
Magazine's annual EV Buyers Guide and
article<http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/201307/electric-vehicle-buyers-guide.aspx>(print
version just arrived in people's mailboxes). Reed McManus, who wrote
the magazine article, is doing at least 18 radio interviews nationwide
about the article and the new online tool today!

I want to thank the Sierra Club's Digital Strategies, Communications,
Advancement, and Sierra Magazine teams. I also want to give a special
shout-out to long-time EV initiative intern Emmy Grace whose work on this
project has been invaluable.

Enjoy, re-post, and please spread the word to people you know looking for
information about whether a plug-in car is right for them.

Yours Enthusiastically,
Gina

--

Gina Coplon-Newfield
Director of Green Fleets & Electric Vehicles Initiative
gina.coplon-newfield at sierraclub.org
sierraclub.org/EVguide

--
John P. Christian
Chairman - Oregon Electric Vehicle Association

 Don't care about Global Warming? Don't hug trees?
Think about the "True Cost to Own" your gas car:
+ Dare to compare any EV against your car: http://www.edmunds.com/tco.html