[Oeva-list] Oregon EV Tax, Verizon and your privacy

Lawrence Winiarski lawrence_winiarski at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 18 14:48:14 PDT 2013

 Just thought I'd point out that the Road User Task Force has touted "Verizon" in the
public/private partnerships for taxing your vehicles.    (private companies who would handle the "details" of gathering the
mileage/GPS tax info)

http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/RUFPP/docs/itemb_rucpp_develop_progress_rept_052212.pdf  (page 2)

Of course we all know that Verizon would never ever in a million years give up your private information on where/when you drive.   That would
be a violation of your privacy policy that they swore they'd never break for their phone customers.   They'd never do that unless they had a court order
 or at least a strong tingling sensation.     And all of us who worried about it are old crackpots anyway.

On a lighter note, here's President Obama's letter to Verizon Customers.

http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowitzreport/2013/06/a-letter-to-verizon-customers.html