[Oeva-list] Oregon EV Tax, Verizon and your privacy

Alan Batie alan at batie.org
Tue Jun 18 19:32:34 PDT 2013

On 6/18/13 5:48 PM, Dima Kukushkin wrote:
> Would you tell this to relatives of people killed in recent acts?
> shootings, bombings, etc?

Yes.  Even 9/11, bad as it was, the reaction was far worse and probably
exceeded the terrorists wildest dreams.  It was a one-shot deal: after,
no one on a plane will ever stand by and let it be hijacked again.  All
the security theater after did nothing but make flying a royal pain for
the millions of travelers every year after, not to mention the major
erosion of civil rights from the unpatriotic act.  The US is huge, and
terrorists are few - the real danger is nuclear or biological weapons
that can actually have a major impact.  Otherwise, terrorists are just
bullies and should be treated as such: their whole point is get people
to overreact, just like we did.  If we don't, they lose.