[Oeva-list] Oregon EV News of the Week 2013 Nov 12

Patrick patrick at oeva.org
Tue Nov 12 22:04:13 PST 2013

Your weekly digest of Oregon Electric Vehicle news, events, and
              multimedia. Feel free to forward it. To get on (or off) the
mailing
list, just email me: patrick at oeva.org.

Stay *current *with us on twitter <http://twitter.com/#!/OEVAorg>,
facebook<http://www.facebook.com/oevadotorg>,
google+ <https://plus.google.com/115930132803766195890>, or
paper.li<http://goo.gl/LUXxi>.

 *Top Story =================================================*
Brammo sets 2015 IPO target http://buff.ly/1cYR5UJ

 *Upcoming Oregon EVents =====================================*
o OEVA November Meeting 11/14 http://oeva.org

*Northwest EV News of Note ===================================*
o Major automakers add clout to Oregon's EV market dreams
http://buff.ly/1eIsUxV
o Which are best cities for electric vehicles? http://buff.ly/1frw46K
o Workplace EV Charging with OpConnect http://buff.ly/1iSuTgh
o Oregon Experts Discuss Methods to Spark EV Sales http://buff.ly/16LznD9
o To Get Around Town, Some Cities Take A Step Back In Time
http://buff.ly/1d1lFx3
o Will Quebec Join California, Oregon As Electric-Car Pioneers?
http://buff.ly/1gu1psu
o Washington & Oregon drivers love I-5 DC fast chargers
http://buff.ly/1gtZN1M
o ODOT says by 2050 EVs will be cheaper than conventional cars
http://buff.ly/1fiptLE

*Photos & Videos ============================================*
o This sale $0.00 & zero gallons; at Voodoo Doughnut
http://pic.twitter.com/8pMUWThXzi
o Tesla Model S in the latest iOS racing game
http://pic.twitter.com/zfsYwXoTar
o Solar Panels in Afghanistan http://pic.twitter.com/7L1OLbYjDa
o Charging up In Hillsboro Oregon http://pic.twitter.com/K3d26vtypD
o video: Chevy Volt as Back Up Power http://buff.ly/1iTf499
o Nissan BladeGlider Electric Delta Wing Concept
http://pic.twitter.com/MHnNv6kd67
o smart fortwo electric drive vs. Olympic sprinter vs. a sports car
http://youtu.be/w6jqJA9-K-E
o video: Tesla vs. BMW: Battling for Electric Car Supremacy
http://buff.ly/1hntG5k
o Paul Scott film "My Lunch With Obama" by Kelly Richard Olsen
http://buff.ly/16I07Ez
o video: This is my car - Chevy Volt http://youtu.be/xiLpt0_BG6A

*Other EV News of Note =======================================*
 o Kia Confirms Electric Soul EV for 2014 http://buff.ly/1blDiF8
o Veterans Who Saw Fossil Fuel Drawbacks in Combat Lead Charge for Clean
Energy http://buff.ly/17QJPfO
o Tesla Fires: What We Know, And What We Need To Find Out
http://buff.ly/1bkv0gG
o CARB rules force Toyota to add more EV range to next gen Prius Plug-In
http://buff.ly/17Yfee8
o Official: Mitsubishi wants 20% of its new cars to be plug-ins by 2020
http://buff.ly/18ky5fM
o CARB classifies the 2014 BMW i3 w/ REx as "BEVx" http://buff.ly/18kxzhW
o An Electric School Bus Could Be Coming To A School Near You
http://buff.ly/1hxvMj0
o First Responder Training for the Tesla Model S http://buff.ly/HEo9Hh
o How Smart Cities Must Plan for Electric Cars http://buff.ly/1c6AzRr
o Tesla Considers Building A Big Battery Factory of Its Own
http://buff.ly/16LFdo4
o Mitsubishi announces New 2016 plans for more plug-in vehicles
http://buff.ly/1d0tXFn
o The right time for buying an Electric Car http://buff.ly/188Tp84
o 100% Electric Car Sales Grow 361% In 2013 (YTD) http://buff.ly/188SRim
o By 2025, EV drivers will save nearly $6,000 in fuel costs over the life
of car http://buff.ly/19AOMHz
o Military prepares for recon on electric vehicle markets
http://buff.ly/19AKFeA

          =D~~~ charge complete