[Oeva-list] FW: Save the Date - Mt. Hood's (SkiBowl West) West Coast Electric Highway Ski Event

Myles Twete matwete at comcast.net
Mon Nov 11 19:16:55 PST 2013

Interesting.thanks Rick.

Say, do you know if they bothered putting slow chargers in there first?

Of all the places it makes sense to deploy an array of slow chargers, a ski
resort is near the top of the list.

I can see folks all arriving at the resort at the beginning of the day
hoping to use this charger only to find not just that there's someone
already using it but that there's 3 others in line for it after.  So much
for getting on the slopes early.and if you wait until later in the day, same
story could happen.or could end up with someone who just plugs in and walks
away for hours.?

Places slow (120 or 240v) charging is needed:

.         Ski resorts & other recreation areas & parks

.         Shopping districts (not just malls)

.         Hotels

.         Workplaces

I was very pleased to see free 120vAC outlets for every parking space at the
Rockaway beach public lot.  That's a low cost model that needs copying.
Fast chargers should only be prioritized along or near major highways & not
so much in places in the above list.  At a ski resort?  Weird.

Now, since I drive a THINK that has no fast charge port, I guess I'm quite
biased against the focus on them given, e.g. I don't even see a public slow
charge location listed in Cascade Locks at all and very few in Hood River.
So much for driving out the gorge for me.

-Myles